So What is VoIP?
It is all very good to throw around the term VoIP with a broad understanding of what it means, but before you make a decision as to whether to upgrade to a hosted VoIP solution, it is important you understand exactly what VoIP means for your business and how VoIP can make a difference in your everyday business operations.
VOIP stands for “Voice over Internet Protocol” which in more basic terms refers to the transmission (incoming and outgoing) of voice traffic over a broadband IP based network. In layman’s terms it is another way of saying that your office’s broadband connection is utilised to make and take voice calls. As a general rule, broadband connections in and out of businesses are underutilised, so by sharing the connection between data and voice offers numerous benefits.
In summary, the advantages of VoIP are numerous:
- Drastic reductions in monthly phone bills
- Competitive local and national phone calls
- Conference call around the country for free
- Ability to have a personalised auto-attendant feature with routing feature
- You can be anywhere in the world and still log into your existing network to take advantage of the features the same as if you were in the office. That’s the beauty of cloud based PBX
- You can keep the same number throughout office upgrades and moves without paying for rerouting
- Call operations work just the same as if you had a regular phone line